Awhile back I posted that I was feeling crafty after reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club." I bought a bunch of supplies for knitting and jewelry making, but of course, I never followed through. Until Saturday night. I took my needles and new yarn with me when I babysat for my friends Hank and Sara's kids. I started my scarf! So far so good. It looks like a knit scarf is supposed to look. It's a blueish-purple marled yarn. I'm going to take a picture. I've only worked on it for two sittings so far. I think it's coming along! I'm going to work on it some more after I get done blogging and do the dishes. FUN! The directions can be found at the weblink above. It's pretty simple... simple enough to build up confidence that I do remember how to knit. Depending on how long it takes me to finish the scarf, my next project will either be pot holders (simple) or a purse/bag (slightly more difficult). Here's the work in progress!!! Oh, and learning to crochet is next.Monday, April 7, 2008
K is for Knitting
Awhile back I posted that I was feeling crafty after reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club." I bought a bunch of supplies for knitting and jewelry making, but of course, I never followed through. Until Saturday night. I took my needles and new yarn with me when I babysat for my friends Hank and Sara's kids. I started my scarf! So far so good. It looks like a knit scarf is supposed to look. It's a blueish-purple marled yarn. I'm going to take a picture. I've only worked on it for two sittings so far. I think it's coming along! I'm going to work on it some more after I get done blogging and do the dishes. FUN! The directions can be found at the weblink above. It's pretty simple... simple enough to build up confidence that I do remember how to knit. Depending on how long it takes me to finish the scarf, my next project will either be pot holders (simple) or a purse/bag (slightly more difficult). Here's the work in progress!!! Oh, and learning to crochet is next.
3 comments:
It looks great! I bought my crochet hook on Sunday!!!
I can't believe I remember how to do it. My dad's mom (the Italian grandma) is glowing with pride in heaven I'm sure. She only had three grandkids, and I'm the only one carrying on the tradition now.
Hey Sydney, if this writing thing doesn't work out...you can sell your wears on Etsy:-) It's a great crafting site I am selling my stuff on. Check it out if you get a second:
http://www.susieshomemade.etsy.com
Post a Comment