I have discovered a direct correlation between the length of time I've been blogging and the magnitude of my dorkiness. I've always been one of those people who are comfortable using the computer, good at grasping new programs or skills, but I can't explain why or how any of it works.
I started the blog in January and I really feel like I've embraced the concept. I still struggle with the direction of my writing. I intended to blog more about the media... what it was like to be part of that group, and what it is like now that I've left the media. But I find I'm writing more about myself, my friends and family, and about being a mom more than anything else.
I've entered a blog challenge on NaBloPoMo... which has exposed me to some other awesome bloggers. (ellen, the Mama, you know who you are!) It's weird to think I've made friends in cyberspace... but very cool at the same time... said the girl who collected Pen Pals when she was little.
I've also figured out ways to track who's reading my blog. I've installed a blog counter (two actually, but I like StatCounter the best) that helps me log the number of hits... but it also tells me where they are coming from. Yesterday I had hits from as far as Mexico, Brazil, Thailand, Sweden, Hungary, Canada, and Italy. I've also seen hits from France, Poland, and England. I just think this is so cool! I just wish I knew who these people were and how they stumbled into my little corner of cyberspace.
I know the comments form is like a guest book. I wish people would leave me a note when they stop by to read. So if you're a regular, or just visiting, I invite you to send me comment. I'd love to hear from you!
3 comments:
i'm here. a.k.a. the Pen Pal's sister.
i normally don't come to your site... no offense. your website actually comes to me through google.reader.com but i'm not sure you to that Dorky of a stage yet.
If you aren't, i'm sure Kristy could show you a thing or two about it.
Syd-I use google reader too! I guess that makes me dorkier!
I know what you mean about the blogcounter-I love seeing wher traffic is coming from! Other than the European one-I actually had one from South Africa! Cool, huh?
even dorkier now... thanks to both Kevin and Therese... i'm now hooked up to google reader. love it!!!
Post a Comment