“Run Daddy! There’s croc-o-diles!” said in a growling, little boy voice, emphasizing each syllable.
Alex has suddenly developed an active imagination.
He’s got snakes, bugs, or dinosaurs in his bedroom.
He plays pretend catch… he’ll have his baseball glove on and throw you an imaginary ball.
He does monster voices. Stories are invented about what happened to the trailer of semi that’s without a trailer. He uses his toy power saw to “cut” and style my hair. It’s really quite amusing!
I hope that imagination continues to grow strong. I’m nurturing it with a love for books as well.
I am a sucker for him when it comes to books. Sometimes if he’s particularly good during a trip to Target, we’ll stop by the book aisle and pick up a new one. I also love that my aunt sends him giftcards to Borders for his birthday and Christmas. I love turning Alex loose to pick out a new book. He’s nearly three years old, and already has all three shelves of his bookcase jam packed with books.
It’s fun to see his imagination play sparked by the contents of those shelves. I promise to keep adding to those shelves often as he grows bigger.
No comments:
Post a Comment