Dear Mr. Gazillionaire:
I don’t know if you were trying to be funny or not when discussing your huge donation to our non-profit organization on the telephone. I’ve never spoken with you before, so I don’t know if you have a good sense of humor, but I was more than a little offended when you implied that I was just one of those annoying “little people.”
I hope you enjoy your trip to the casino this weekend. Go ahead, gamble away some of your millions! I’m sure that must be fun for you. You said you hope you “get rich” this weekend, so you don’t have to deal with “the little people anymore.” I laughed uncomfortably when you said this. I’m not used to dealing with gazillionaires who donate enough money to get buildings named after themselves. Then you said, again, “You know how annoying those little people are.”
No, as a matter of fact I don’t. I am a “little person” and I don’t know how annoying I must be.
So I’ll just go back to my not-so-important-in-your-eyes job of promoting an organization that does a lot of good in this community and beyond.
- Me
2 comments:
Yikes - there is a good story here. Can't wait to hear it over a bottle (or two) of wine. Hopefully our 'stitch' night is soon. Sounds like you had a day!
Unbelievable! Can't wait to hear the whole story!
Post a Comment