Tuesday, April 1, 2008

B is for Book Club

My book club met tonight, and as always it was wonderful. We really chewed on the last book, "The Friday Night Knitting Club." We all enjoyed it, but to varying degrees. I highly recommend the book to anyone looking for a good read. I'm hoping to start knitting a scarf this weekend. We also are planning a "stitch-n-bitch" session soon. Michelle crochets and all of us want to learn, so she's going to teach us. Should be great fun, with a few bottles of wine thrown in for good measure.

It was my turn to reveal the next pick. It's called "Garden Spells" by author Sarah Addison Allen. I think it will be an intersting read. I have to admit, I've already started it and am almost finished. But I'm not going to post my thoughts on it here until after our next meeting. I'm also not going to put my review on goodreads.com yet, either. I just don't want to taint anyone's impression of the book.

We're also starting to share books more in our group. Therese and I are hopelessly addicted to goodreads, so as I finish books, I'm putting them on a pile for her. She's starting to do the same for me. I figure this will be a great way to save money, and get to read more books. I hope we can keep it up.

Tonight is also my first NaBloPoMo entry for April. I didn't exactly stick to the theme... but as I understand the theme is only a guide. I already have my entry planned for tomorrow, so I may blog earlier than usual tomorrow... possibly over my lunch hour.

No comments: