Monday, April 14, 2008

Dear Metabolism,

Dear Metabolism-

Where have you gone? I’ve been working out at least three times a week since January and I have yet to lose a pound. It’s really getting annoying. I started running, thinking I could run my ass off, but so far that hasn’t worked. I eat breakfast everyday… because that was supposed to spark your interest. Well, it hasn’t yet. Consuming dairy three times a day was also supposed to get you going… so far it hasn’t. Taking a multivitamin... still no reaction. What do I have to do to get you to start working again?

We were so close in high school and college. You let me eat way too much pizza, way too many tacos, all while maintaining an adequate weight. Did I do something to upset you?

I know I’m not seriously overweight. I weigh about 35 pounds more now than I did when I got out of college. I'm not asking for the world here. I just need to see a little effort on your part. Maybe 10-15 pounds?

I’m going to keep working out. I’m going to start doing more strength training. I’m going to try to stop snacking, eat less, and drink more water. I’m doing my part… now I need you to do yours!

Thanks,

Sydney