Saturday, April 19, 2008

E is for Experiment

I'm actually on the road this weekend. We're meeting the newest nephew, little Payton. I plan on taking tons of pictures and I'll post some here as soon as we are back.


So I'm experimenting with Blogger in draft. One of the new features is the ability to set a date and time for posts. So I'm writing this on Wednesday the 16, but it's not going to post until the 19th. We'll see if it works! I'll probably do the same thing while I'm in D.C. if this experiment works.


While we're home I hope to indulge in one of my favorite "only found at home" foods... Happy Joe's Taco Pizza. It is the best on earth. They invented Taco Pizza. You can actually have them shipped now, which borders on the ridiculous, but I have actually considered having one shipped here. It's that good. One of the first shows I produced was a weekend morning show. It was actually two different shows... one was all news and feature packages from the feeds, the other was 5 minutes of news and then guests of my choosing. I booked Happy Joe himself to come on for National Pizza Day. The man brought so much pizza it was crazy. But it was so much fun, too.


So this is my experiment with blogging in advance. I really hope it works, or I might get kicked out of NaBloPoMo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It worked!!!

Kevin said...

Well, Sydney. I found you blog through my sisters Kristy Baker site, and felt there was no better way to be greeted than none other a post about Happy Joe's.

When visiting Galesburg, one MUST stop at Happy Joe's. During my last visit I too saw that the Pizza could be shipped. I was pretty excited and grossed out at the same time, that pizza could make it out here to California.

I look forward to reading about how that turns out if you ever try it.

Sydney said...

Unfortunately this time I didn't get my taco pizza! Oh well! Maybe next time! Kevin... thanks for stopping by the blog! I hope you won't be a stranger!