Alex thinks he has super powers. We were waiting patiently at a stoplight one afternoon, when all of a sudden he shouts "Green go!" Sure enough, the light obeyed and turned green. "I did it!" he exclaimed. He was so proud of himself it brought a smile to my face. So I went on and on about his super power. Now he truly believes he has the power to make the stoplights turn from red to green.
I just love the age that he's at right now, just nearing 3 years old. He's discovering things about the world around him every single day. He marvels at bugs, trucks, planes, animals, you name it. The view through his bright brown eyes must really be something. I'm glad that he talks so much and shares that sometimes silly, sometimes insightful view with me. I talk to him constantly-- I have since way before he was born. It's so amazing to me that now we are able to have conversations... that he's learning to take cues from what I say and that he reacts so dramatically and appropriately.
This is not to say that we don't have our three-year-old moments... there are still bold refusals to go potty/take a bath/take a nap/settle down. We are just now getting into full-on meltdowns. But these little conversations with him multiple times a day... and they more than make up for the normal meltdowns of childhood. I'm not afraid of sounding cheesey... parenthood is a magical thing!
1 comment:
The best part of being a parent: conversations with the most interesting person/people you will ever meet, your kids.
I love being able to experience discovery and imagination all over again. I remember feeling my imagination slip away from me (sometime around age 12), and I felt so sad.
Post a Comment