Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spring is finally here!

The tulips are nearly bloomed out, our hostas are starting to pop through the ground. We've had to mow the lawn and everything is turning green or sprouting flowers.
After a long brutal winter, spring is finally here! The weather today is supposed to be sunny... not sure how warm it will get... but the upper 60s yesterday felt like summer. It's weird how your body adjusts to the climate in which you live. It was maybe 67 degrees yesterday Downtown, and after my workout (I ran 2.25 miles!!) I just left my shorts and t-shirt. 67 degrees and I'm wearing shorts. But such is life in Wisconsin!

I'm going to try to finish a book today so I can get started on my next book club selection, spend a little time outside with Alex, and try to get even farther with my Busia blanket (Busia is what we call my grandma. She's Polish.)

Speaking of Alex... here's a picture of him in some fantastic boots after my friend Tony's boys. Alex LOVES his boots! He also loves working outside, so these are great for mucking around outside.

No comments: