Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Reading vs. Yarn Crafts

Therese brought up an interesting dilemma at our last meeting. She has trouble figuring out what to do with her "me time." It's a toss up for her between reading and crocheting.

I actually had this inner debate with myself the other night. Craig was finishing up the dishes, Alex was safely snuggled up in bed, and we were getting ready to watch our Thursday night shows that we had DVRd. I want to finish the book I'm currently reading so I can start on my next book club read, but I also really want to work on the blanket I'm making for my grandma. I can't read and watch TV, so I went with crocheting. I think it was a great choice in the end. I got three more rows done on her blanket, which needs to be finished by Memorial Day weekend. It's a present for her 90th birthday. All of us kids are going to try to make it down to visit with her. I can't wait. I know she's going to love it!

I guess I'm lucky in a lot of ways. I have a great husband who encourages me to take time for myself. I have two hobbies that I love, crocheting/knitting and reading. And I have an adorable little boy who goes to bed early enough for me to indulge in a little me time.
Life is good!

3 comments:

writermom said...

Aaaahhhgh! What to do, what to do? So little me time! I hate this decision, but between READ books, I've been hitting the hook! Once I learn to knit it will be even more of a dilemma!

Unknown said...

I am so stressed out this week-with SATs I have no time for books or hooks!!!

Unknown said...

I love books on tape (CD). They're free from the library and leave your hands free to crochet/knit!
I take them in the car so I can listen and crochet while waiting for the kids at lessons!