Sunday, May 11, 2008

Date night recap

Last night was DATE NIGHT!!! And we had so much fun! We went to see "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." It was really funny and a really good movie. Some crude humor, but what do you expect from the guy who also produced "The 40 Year Old Virgin," another favorite of mine.

Afterwards we went to dinner at Habanero's, a great little Mexican place here in 'Tosa. I did something I've never done before. I sent my margarita back to the bar! I took two sips, looked at Craig and said, "This isn't a margarita, it's a strawberry smoothie." I was nervous, but I also didn't want to pay $7 for a smoothie when what I wanted was a margarita! So I got up my courage and told the waiter that I wanted a different drink, as there was no tequila in my margarita. The bartender came over with a bottle of tequila and poured until I told him to stop. And he used the good stuff too. That ended up being one of the best margaritas I've ever had! He also apologized, saying sometimes the bartenders are a little shy with the tequila. He actually thanked me for saying something! So lesson learned! If you're not satisfied, speak up!

Alex was very good for my friend Sara. (We're doing a babysitting share... they get one night a month, we get one night a month, and no one has to pay for sitters.) Sara brought her son Ryan who's 4 and the boys played and had a great time. A good time was had by all and we can't wait to do it again!

No comments: