I’ve decided I’m going to make more of an effort with my green bags. I keep them in the closet by the dog food in the kitchen, then remember then when I’m already at the grocery store. I bought a few more, gave Craig a couple to keep in his car, and I’m keeping the rest in my car.
I made a trip to the store yesterday for groceries and other household stuff, and all of it fit in 5 green bags! Hooray! If I would have gone with plastic bags, they would have used about 8-10 bags. I feel good about it. I’m going to look for one of those little fold up/snap up versions to keep in my purse too, for other incidentals. I’m going to start refusing plastic bags whenever I can.
We do use the ones we get for cleaning up after Shadow on walks or for lining the small trash cans in our bedrooms and bathrooms. But from here on out, I’m going to try to use fewer plastic bags.
1 comment:
Don't you just feel so warm inside whenever you do something good to help preserve the earth. I know I do! That's why not too long ago I threw my hands n the air and just decided to go green. I was already participating in green activities and didn’t even know it. Doing things like paying bills online and receiving direct deposit help the earth as well. My most recent change was switching to bioheat. It's awesome because its heating oil mixed with biodegradable products like soybean oil. Sound like something you would use for a massage right? Yea, I know but it’s great!
If I didn't work for NORA I would have never found out about it.
Be sure to check out
http://oilheatamerica.com/index.mv?screen=bioheat.
See what other interesting ideas it has to offer.
Post a Comment