You catch yourself saying them... things your own mom used to say. Admit it!
Every now and then there's one of those phrases that jumps out of your mouth before you can stop it and you sound just like your own mom did.
"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"
"Don't you sass me!"
"You don't have to like me, but you do have to love me."
"Eat your dinner so you can grow big and strong."
Those are a just couple from my own dear mother that stick out in my over-tired, over-worked mind. But lately there's a couple that I've said that I'm CERTAIN my own mom never uttered.
"I'm not going away. You're stuck with me."
"We don't punch people. EVER."
"Stop hitting the dog with your bat. If she bites you it's your own fault."
"No rocks in the house. Leave them in the garden."
1 comment:
Just last week, a certain woman, in public no less, was heard to exclaim, "For the love of CUPCAKES!"
We've been trying not to swear.
It's a work in progress.
Post a Comment