Thursday, May 1, 2008

The news bug… I’ve still got it.

I haven’t lost my taste for news, and I hope I never do. Today while driving back from an appointment during my work day, I saw all three TV news helicopters hovering over downtown Milwaukee. My first instinct was “Breaking NEWS!!!! What’s going on I have to know!!” So I tuned my radio to the low-power station that the local Fox affiliate broadcasts over… nothing by TMZ-TV. Blech! I turned on the AM station that is run by the same company as the NBC station… talk radio with no interruptions. Darn it!!! I had to know what was going on. Was is a car accident? Hostage situation? Marquette Interchange construction disaster? Building on fire? Streaker running down Wisconsin Avenue? It was driving me nuts… a short trip, but one worth taking!

The battery in my phone (which isn’t a blackberry, but essentially is… it’s a MotoQ) was dying so I couldn’t check email or try to log onto a news station website. So I started racking my brain… what is going on today? I watched the news last night, listened to the news on the radio this morning. It finally hit me! Day Without Latinos march! Traffic was tied up all over Downtown while the people marched. Nothing like a good demonstration to get the old news juices flowing again!

No comments: