I know I've talked about this site before, but I'm so addicted to GoodReads that I think I need to start a 12 step progam.
I check the site multiple times a day. I get mad when the site rearranges the order of my books on my lists (I prefer to see all the books I've read in reverse chronological order... most recent books first... then the one's I can't remember when I read listed last). I have made a couple of new friends on the site, which is cool. I'm actually going swap books with one of those friends. I've gotten the three other gals in my book club registered... two of them have added books, and one is as hopelessly addicted as I am.
I think part of the attraction to the site is my love of lists. Whenever I can't focus, I make lists. I make one every weekend for what needs to be done. I have running lists of clothes I want for my work wardrobe, songs I want to download, groceries. It's a compulsion really.
So a website that actually helps organize the books I've read and the books I want to read seemed like a great idea. Now, I'm just a hopeless book junkie... waiting patiently for my next "hit." I think I can make it 2 hours without checking Good Reads. If not, I'm a total loser.
1 comment:
It SCARES me how much we are alike--the goodreads addiction, the love of lists. I've gotten so bad with goodreads that I go there before even checking my email. I might have to join you in the 12-step program!
Post a Comment