Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Date Night

Craig and I were lucky enough to have another date night over the weekend. It was wonderful!
We do a babysitting swap with friends of ours. I'll be watching her three munchkins this weekend while she and her husband enjoy one of the films at the Milwaukee Film Festival.

We ate dinner at Palms Bistro and it was fantastic! The menu consisted of what can only be described as grown up food. There was not a Mc Nugget or a Mc Anything on the menu. There were no applesauce cups, no chicken fingers, no placemats that doubled as coloring paper. There was Mac and Cheese, but it had lobster in it. Craig enjoyed a pork loin chop with some sort of ancho chile sauce. I had the tomato gnocchi in blue cheese cream sauce... which also had asparagus, pecans and chicken mixed in. Oh my goodness. I think I was in some sort of heavenly food coma. We had an uninterrupted conversation. I had a cup of decaf after dinner. We ate slowly but we were still done eating fairly early. So we wandered around the neighborhood where the restaurant is located... Milwaukee's Third Ward. Then we drove by the lake for a little bit. After that, we headed for Kopp's Custard for dessert. I had a mint chip cone and Craig opted for the Heath Bar cone. I was sufficiently stuffed.

Amazingly, we were home by about 9:30pm. Only gone for a few hours but it recharged our batteries just enough!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds delicious! It really does help to get some time alone together.

KK said...

Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

What fun. Coffee after dinner is so decadent--I plan to do that EVERY night after my kids are gone.