My friend Therese is hosting a recipe swap today. Check it out to get some great recipes! I'm sharing the following recipe. Alex swore he'd never eat these, and has since requested them on several occassions. The kid won't eat a regular hamburger, but he's all about the turkey burger!
Turkey Burgers
1 - 1 1/4 lbs. ground turkey
1/2 an apple, peeled, cored, shredded
2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Salt
Pepper
Mix turkey with shredded apple, onion and bread crumbs. (You may need more than 1/4 cup of crumbs. I use just enough to make the meat stick together.) Sprinkle salt and pepper over mixture and stir in. Form mixture into patties. Fry or grill till done. Serve on buns. Makes 4- 6 burgers, depending on how big you like 'em! Top with your favorite condiments. I prefer to top our with swiss cheese and raspberry or cranberry mustard.
3 comments:
What a pleasant surprise! They do look yummy! I may have to try them!
Whoo, those do sound good! I'll have to try them too! Thanks for sharing.
Good morning from SITS! I love the idea of adding apples-great idea!
Post a Comment