Tuesday, September 29, 2009

That's What Friends are For

My friend Therese had a baby girl two weeks ago. Alexandra is absolutely adorable! I finally got to see her Sunday when I dropped dinner off for Therese, her husband, and their three boys!

When I had Alex, between my mom, Craig's mom, and some good friends up here, I had several dinners made for me in the first few weeks after having a baby. It was such a huge help when I was feeling so overwhelmed!

So it was my turn to pay it forward this weekend. Sunday Alex and I delivered dinner to Therese and her family. I took a tater tot casserole, mixed veggies, and brownies for dessert.
It was great to see Therese, her boys, and baby Alexandra. I hope they enjoyed their dinner!

Here's the recipe:

Tater Tot Casserole

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 1/2 cups rice (cooked)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
1 pkg tater tots

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef and drain. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix beef, rice, soup and 1 cup of cheese in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Smooth out, top with remaining cheese. Place tater tots on top of mixture. (You may not need to whole bag.) Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Serve with catsup for dipping.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It was very yummy! If I weren't so exhausted this week, you would have heard from me sooner! Definitely will make it again! You're the best!!!

Tiffani said...

found you on SITS - that tator tot cass I'm trying tomorrow!!

Sydney said...

Therese I totally understand how busy you are! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it!

Ellen said...

This is why I MISS the midwest. Tator Tot casserole will always be my comfort food. Yay for Therese, baby Alex is a beauty.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Having my Mom and sis take care of meals the first couple of weeks was such a huge help!

Anonymous said...

My husband would give nonvital organs if I'd make tater tot casserole.

Tori said...

That reminds me of what my church does--whenever someone has a baby or surgery or something big happen, people come together and provide enough meals to last two or so weeks. It's such a blessing--way to pass on generosity!

♥ Tori