Friday, September 18, 2009

Random thoughts for a random friday

  • I think I've found a new favorite Starbucks beverage. I usually go with a non-fat mocha (Decaf for now...) or around the holidays I LOVE the peppermint mocha. But I recently discovered carmel lattes. YUMMY! I also love that I can get these in the Starbucks cafe at work for about $2 less than going to the real Starbucks!

  • Why do people insist on parking their giant pickups, SUVs, and minivans in the compact car spots in the parking lot? This also happens in parking garages.

  • Why do people who work in cubicles insist on having loud personal conversations during the workday? I don't want to hear about your mom/mother-in-law/best friends surgery/bitchiness/drunken escapades.... nor do I want to hear about yours. If you have to have a conversation like that, exit cubicle land and go to the cafeteria! Or find a quiet picnic table outside!

  • I really wish we could go to an Iowa football game. I miss college football Saturdays on campus. Not for the drinking and crazy people, but for the sea of black and gold, the friendly people shouting "Go Hawks" and waving. Maybe I'm just feeling a little nostalgic. Maybe next year we'll get it together and pair up with my brother and sister-in-law for a little Iowa-Iowa State rivalry action!? I can dream!

  • I don't know who had my work phone number before me, but she owes someone money. I keep getting calls for collection agencies. I let them go into voicemail. They don't even listen to my outgoing voicemail message. Why is that? If you're looking for someone who's name is XXXX, then why do you keep calling and leaving messages for XXXX on YYYY's phone???

  • I can't even express how excited for this weekend I am. We are going to the Brewers game tonight! We've only been to one other game this season. This is really rare for us. Usually we get to at least 4 or 5 games a year, but for some reason, this year we just haven't gone to many games. Alex's only request for the game? Peanuts in the shell. But of course!!!
    And then tomorrow we're going to Chicago! CHICAGO! I love Chicago... anyone who knows me knows this. We're hoping to do the Shedd Aquarium, and have already bought tickets for a boat tour, and for the Sears Tower Skydeck. (I know, that other company now owns the Sears Tower, but for my 34 years on this earth (and 2 prior to that), that building has been called the Sears Tower, and it will always be the Sears Tower in my mind.) We want to hit the Lego store on Michigan Ave. too. (And any other shopping!!!) And stock up on Bears gear for the whole family, including baby#2! I will most definitely post pictures.

8 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Starbucks' strawberries and creme frappucino...YUM! Of course, basically it's just a milkshake...

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Hi! Popping over from SITS Roll Call to visit.

Yum, caramel lattes... the cubicle thing? I coulda killed a few coworkers in the past. Even worse. People who use speaker phones - cubicles or not.

I noticed a lot of folks that have the wrong numbers don't seem to listen to the voicemail messages. I had somebody calling here for a debt for someone I never heard of before for weeks. I've had the same phone number for 15 years and nobody by that name EVER lived here, but they kept calling here for her and harassing me! Turns out it was somebody my husband knew years ago and she had listed him as a personal reference on some loan.

Have a safe trip and a fun weekend!

Lora said...

I love Chi-town, and haven't been there for about 5 years :(
That must change, soon!

Working in a cubicle right now for the first time in years, can I please add music listened to without headphones? I don't care how quietly you think you have it, it's rude to those of us who can hear uber-well!

I have my headphones plugged into what *I* want to listen to...don't need to hear your music over mine!

Visiting you from SITS--have a great day and weekend in Chicago!

teri said...

okay seriously, *I* keep getting collections calls too, and we've had this number for FIVE YEARS. It's crazy. And do you like to sprinkle the chocolate powder into the low-fat lattes? That is so yummy! I'm going to have to try the caramel lattes now.

Alison said...

Hope you're having a great time in Chicago!

Anonymous said...

Whoa...wait...you're a Hawkeye fan? Mr. D just left this morning to go TO IOWA to watch the game WITH HIS FAMILY who all LIVE DOWN THERE.
Have fun in Chicago.

Ellen said...

Hope you had a great weekend in Chicago. It's been way to long since I've been to the windy city. Atlanta just doesn't cut it.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What about the PSL???