Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Book Geek Excitement

Okay, I finally know how all you crazy Harry Potter fans feel. I did something I've never done before. I pre-ordered a book. This was waiting for me when I got home form work yesterday.

I can't even begin to adequately describe 1) the level of geekdom I feel I have achieved, 2) the sheer excitement I felt knowing I was one of thousands of people who got the book the very first day it was available, 3) how much I was itching to skip out on anything else of importance and read this book.

I have yet to start reading it... but it is at the very top of my list. I flew through "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code." Couldn't put either of them down and was utterly fascinated by the amount of research that went into both of them. I know there's a fine line between fact and fiction, but there was a lot of interesting history in both novels.

I'm super excited to read this because it's set in Washington, D.C. I'm glad the backdrop for the story is another of my favorite cities (Paris and Rome were the settings for the other two books). I hope to get it started this weekend!

3 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

We all have something that pulls us toward our geekier side. But it is a good thing! Happy reading.

Have a great day!

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

I flew through the DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons as well. Both books are better read fast. I tried to re-read them slower and tripped over the prose a bit, but the story line flies. So many ideas - just fascinating. I found myself reading up on freemasonry and the templars. I'm really looking forward to this new book too.

Amber M. said...

Well, if you're a geek 'cause you're excited...well, I'm right there with ya. Bought it on Tuesday and it's sitting on the table by my bed all ready to get cracked open.

:-)

I look forward to reeading your review on GoodReads.