Monday, June 9, 2008

When it rains, it pours

These are the rainfall totals for the weekend. The 92nd and Capitol reading is the closest one to our house. Close to 8 inches of rain in two days time. Good grief!

Alex's daycare is closed for a second day... and I have a HUGE presentation tomorrow that I don't think I can reschedule. So I'm scrambling to try to find an alternative childcare plan. (Thanks for today, SARA!) This is one of the things I hate about being a working mom with no family in town... figuring out daycare emergencies. We've been lucky that these emergencies have been few and far between... but I can't even imagine how nice it would be to have Grandma or Grandpa be able to pop over for the day and lend a hand. Or even having a sibling or neices and nephews close by. It's a huge challenge. I'm really lucky I've got some great friends, and relieved that I have a new job that is so accomodating. Case in point... I left work early today and worked from home for a couple hours this afternoon. There's no leaving early in TV news... if anything it's always working late. Wish me luck!

No comments: