We had dinner last night with some old friends and I have to say, it was so much fun.
Our friend Jason worked with us in the Quad Cities. So did Hank and Sara. They have known Craig and I since before we were dating. I left our station first, Craig followed. Then Jason left for the East Coast with his fiancee. Hank and Sara came to Milwaukee with us. (Thank God! They're the only "family" we have here. And I truly consider them family.)
We all have kids now, Jason and his wife Stef live in Sacramento now. Jason works for a PBS program now, and travels all over the country and the world telling stories. Yeah, I'm a little jealous. But his travels brought him to Milwaukee, and we had a chance to show off our hometown a bit last night. We all went out to dinner at Edgar's Calypso, a newer Caribbean themed restaurant. It was SO good! And there were kid-food options, too. We had such a great time getting caught up! It was just like old times, only we're all married and have a bunch of kids. Having Jason here, eating dinner together with him, Hank and Sara... I have to say it felt a little like home!
No comments:
Post a Comment