Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What is wrong with me??

I completely missed the Golden Globes this year! I know awards shows tend to be trite, and the same actors and actresses seem to get nominated whether they are playing superheroes or space aliens, but I normally LIVE for award shows. I love the fashion, the glamour, the jewelry, the men in tuxes. -sigh-

To be completely honest, we don't get to the movies much anymore. The last movie I saw in the theater was "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." It was really funny. Before that, it was "The Queen." Seriously. We just don't go to movies much. By the time you pay a babysitter, then pay for the movie, it's just too expensive. But I still love seeing the stars and hearing their speeches. I also appreciate the awards for writing, directing, and other behind the scenes categories... I guess because I was a behind the scenes person myself.

I can't believe I missed it. I blame my latest project. The project in which I am using pink fur. I'm not quite ready to reveal the finished project. Some pieces still need to be attached. I feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein piecing this thing together, but the final product is going to look great.
I hope to post the finished picture tomorrow. (Hope that piqued your interest!)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Apparently this 'Slumdog Millionaire' movie is a big hit but I've never heard of it. I guess it's another movie I have to put on my 'Need to but I'll probably never get around to watching' List

a little leprechaun said...

Sorry you missed the awards. Can you play catch up online or something??

I'm intrigued to see what you post tomorrow. Hope I can sleep tonight! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I actually went to see a "big people" movie this weekend...by myself! I almost didn't know how to act! If I don't have a bevy of kids in tow, I feel lost....