Alex has discovered a love of coins. He loves to jingle coins in his pocket... dimes, nickles, or even better... quarters. He's also developed a habit that will be cute while he's small, but has the potential to be problematic as he gets bigger.
He has no fear of going up to people and asking them for coins. He started this at my grandma's funeral... working his way from about 11 cents to $1.85 in two days' time. Now, that's a better return rate than most investments in this dicey economy, but still I'm not sure I want to encourage this. Especially at funerals!
He upped the ante at Craig's grandma's funeral... getting several dollars in change over the course of two days. There's a fine line between charity and begging... and my little panhandler is walking the tightrope right now. At 3, it's cute. But someday when he's a teenager looking to bum quarters off his friends and relatives... it won't be so cute! But I want to encourage him to respect money and know that it has value, so we're making him put it all in his piggy bank!
7 comments:
TOO Funny!!!
We had to take my daughter's piggy bank away because she was playing with it too much. There are pennies all over my house!! Hee, hee, hee.
That's funny! While my oldest, Matthew, didn't do that as a youngster, he has NO problem at all beging for money now!! Good for you for wanting to slow that progress.....
Very cute :-)
Not sure if they ever stop begging for money, though !!! :-)
Alex might be on to somethin' there...
He's a smart one!
I totally remember doing that when I was younger. Running around with money in my pocket, constantly shaking up my piggy bank...too cute!!
Post a Comment