Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Little Monster



I finally finished my latest crochet project tonight. It's a Pink Monster. It was a pain to begin with, but I love the finished result. I made it for my former boss, who is having a baby next month. We were all instructed to make "Ugly Dolls." Google it and you will find a website that has kits you can purchase. Problem is, I don't sew. My meager sewing skills barely helped me attach the limbs to this little monster. So I found this pattern and gave it a shot. I'm already plotting making another one for Alex. I've had to hide this one, because I'm afraid he'll fall in love. Up next in yarn world... another scarf! FINALLY!

9 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

That thing is adorable!!

Hallie :)

Unknown said...

Very cute! The boys thought so too! I bet you could loom this too!

Herd Momma said...

Great little monster. I am trying newer and newer projects with crochet. It is fun.
By the way, I am Amy from Word from the Herd. I found you through Therese. I am a follower now and here is my comment. I will link to you on my blog. I'd love to be entered in the giveaway.
I love your blog and have been checking in often. Just have so many I go to I hadn't commented here before. So glad you had your contest. I want to do one too but, have to get some thoughts together first.

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

This is so cute!

Susie said...

Too cute!!

a little leprechaun said...

That is too cute!! Can you say blog giveaway?!?!?!?

Sydney said...

This little monster was too much work to be given away. If I get faster at it, maybe I'll sell them. This was a LOT of labor!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest little thing!

Nicole said...

That is so stinkin cute, I can't belive that you crocheted it!