I am by no means a runner, but I’m trying to become one. I got an MP3 player for my birthday last year and I love it. It’s really helping me with my workouts. I find if I have the right song playing, I can run or go on the elliptical for 40 minutes and not even realize it. I find the elliptical easier on my joints, plus I don’t get as winded. But I have set a goal for myself of being able to run for 3 miles, either on a treadmill or on the track, by summer. I’m up to 1¼ miles… with the rest of the time spent walking briskly. I’m trying to work my way up. I also need to get better about adding strength training. I'm posting a list of songs I like for running. I would love to get some suggestions. Post them in comments!!!
Songs I like to Run to:
Start Me Up – Rolling stones
The Distance – Cake
Monkey Wrench- Foo Fighters
The Pretender- Foo Fighters
Best of You- Foo Fighters
All My Life – Foo Fighters
Times Like These (not the slow version)- Foo Fighters
Generator- Foo Fighters
Cold Hard Bitch- Jet
Do the Evolution – Pearl Jam
Wishlist- Pearl Jam
Doesn’t Remind Me- Audio Slave
The Underdog- Spoon
Paralyzer- Finger 11
Ray of Light- Madonna
Rehab- Amy Winehouse
Makes Me Wonder- Maroon 5
Fire It Up- Modest Mouse
3 comments:
Hey, Sydney ... reading your latest post, I just found out something that somehow makes our friendship unlikely ... with only one exception, I've never heard any of those songs you like to run to. That's what happens when you're friends with someone who is old enough to be your father!
Love your blog, kiddo! Keep on going!
Steve
WOW! You really like rock to get you going...I'd hate to show you my workout playlist...lots of Hip/Hop, R & B...You are inspiring my to get back on the old exercise horse!!!
Hey Syd! I so wish I could run with you!!! I say pick any up beat song and go at it! I was trying to think of certain songs I run to, and honestly, it's such a huge mix. You may find this strange, but a lot of the songs from the Christian station are good for me to run to. They keep me relaxed and I don't feel that I am working as hard as I really am. Love you!!!
Post a Comment