Friday, February 22, 2008

Reconnecting

I got together with my girls from the TV station last night. It was great! I hadn’t seen them in over a month. There was a moment of panic though. Craig called me to say he had to work late, and didn’t know when he’d be home. I was really disappointed, emailed the group to tell them I couldn’t come. Then all of a sudden at 6:15, Craig called to say he was on his way home!

So I headed over to Amy’s apartment on the East Side. The group last night was Amy, Diane, Lacey, Steph and me. (We were short the other Amy. We missed her!) We had so much fun snacking and drinking wine. We talked about the joy of finding the perfect bra, work, food, losing weight, guys. The usual. Lacey is getting married in the fall, and I hope we’ll all be able to go down to central Illinois for her wedding. That’s my neck of the woods! Lacey actually went to Carl Sandburg College, which is in my hometown of Galesburg, before heading to Illinois State. Lacey’s fiancé Pat works with Craig, so we have quite a bit in common. She talked about wedding planning, wanting kids, wanting a house, she told us her engagement story. It was really fun to hear her so excited! (I also know she reads my blog, so I figured she should get a shout out! Hi Lacey!)

Steph just got cast in a play. I don’t know how she balances it all. She acts, she’s a special projects producer, she plays intramural sports, she’s a teen mentor, she does radio news on the weekends. She’s a busy gal!

Amy and I share a love of reading. We were cube mates at the station. I got her signed up on goodreads.com. I hope she'll keep updating her list. She gave me another book to read last night. It's called "Kabul Beauty School." I can't wait to read it.

We can always count on Diane to say something crazy or funny. It's always fun to hear what guy she's crushing on!

It’s a great group, and I’m glad I still get we still get together. I was worried when I left the TV job that I would lose touch with all these people that I liked so much. But we're really making an effort to get together as often as we can. Since the premiere of Grey's Anatomy last fall... some semblance of the group has gotten together nearly every week. I'm counting on us to keep it going!

No comments: