I have heard it said that the internet is an impersonal medium. That you lose out on something in your "conversations" because there's no eye contact, no emotion. You never get to really know people because you can't hear your voice and they may be crazy weird stalkers who are telling you lies. They may be posting fake pictures so you never really know what they look like.
That's a bunch of hogwash... horse puckey... mule muffins... turtle turds!!!
I am lucky enough to have a wonderful bunch of friends in real life. Friends scattered all over the country who I've known since grade school and high school, a few from college, and a handful I've made here in Milwaukee. I hold these people very close to me.
I launched this blog back in January, not knowing what to expect. Really it was just a way to get writing and have a little fun. I never expected to make such amazing blogging friends. And though we have never met in person, I do consider you friends. Thank you! I look forward to getting to know you all better.
5 comments:
"That's a bunch of hogwash... horse puckey... mule muffins... turtle turds!!!"
Can I add "bull chips"!
It is a wonderful personal medium in part thanks to people like you who make it so.
Your personal touches do not go unnoticed.
David
sydney,
thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck with your pirate cake. I just wanted to send you a link to my son's pirate party (cake included)
http://eightcrazy.blogspot.com/2007/09/partygood-momtired.html
Hope you're doing better...been thinking of you!
I agree, whole heartedly. I have been amazed at what starting my blog has brought me. Simply asounding.
And thanks for your pep talk yesterday. It took time to accomplish what I did the first time, and hopefully I can remember that on this go-around.
The blogosphere is full of some really amazing people. I have made connections and friendships that are just as valuable to me as my "real" life friends...
Post a Comment