Thursday, July 24, 2008
Girls' Night Out
Tuesday night I had the pleasure to go out with some of my friends... who also just happen to be my former co-workers. We went to WaterBuffalo, a restaurant on the Milwaukee River in the city's Third Ward area. We had an outdoor table for dinner, with a gorgeous view of some of the new condos that are popping up all over, as well as other Downtown buildings. Pictured below from left to right are: Steph, Me, Amy J, Lacey, Diane, and Amy F.
The girls surprised me with an early birthday celebration... flowers, presents, a balloon, and dinner. It was so sweet! Dinner was filled with sassy conversation, getting caught up on boyfriends, husbands, work and life in general. I miss seeing them everyday! We did a pretty good job of getting together every week for Grey's Anatomy watching parties... but it had been a long time since we had all been together. I really enjoyed it and I hope we can do it again soon!
Lacey and Amy F. are my 5K buddies. They ran the German Fest 5K tonight. I'm hoping Lacey and I will be running the Mexican Fiesta 5K later in August, as well as Race for the Cure at the end of September.
Lovely Lacey is getting married in October. We met at work, but we share a Galesburg connection. She went to Carl Sandburg College before heading to Illinois State. She actually lived in Galesburg for a couple of years and grew up in Toulon. So I'll mention Happy Joe's, Cherry Street, or The Landmark and she knows exactly what I'm talking about. I can't wait for her wedding at Wildlife Prarie Park, and of course the big party afterward!
2 comments:
Good times with good friends...priceless! :)
I miss having friends like that! Now most people annoy me....I think I'm getting old!
Post a Comment