Saturday, November 28, 2009

Where did the last week go???

Good grief... the last week just flew by in a blur! Work has been insanely busy. Working in Public Relations for a retailer the week before Black Friday was quite the experience. I felt like a cross between a news producer and a telephone operator. I spent most of the last week doing what I love to do work-wise... working with the media. But the days were long.

Pregnancy-wise, still doing very well. I've been telling myself all along I just need to make it through Black Friday for work, and to December 1 so I can get my Christmas shopping done. So far so good. I've got a few more things to pick up this weekend, the rest I think I can do online, then whatever's left I'm leaving Craig in charge of. Ooh... that reminds me... need to get stocking stuffers! Anyway...

Had a fantastic Thanksgiving with our friends Hank and Sara and their kids. Since we can't travel too far from home with my due date so close (just over 2 weeks away) they graciously invited us over. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn casserole, sweet potatoes, rolls, fresh cranberry-orange relish. MMMMM! Plus there was a ton of appetizers too... barbeque meatballs, meatballs baked in biscuits, and bacon wrapped waterchestnuts. I'm getting hungry again just typing this! Plus pumpkin pie and chocolate cake (shaped like a turkey) for dessert! It was great spending time with them. We've known them as long as we've been together... going on 12 years now, and they truly have become like family to us.

I've been working fast and furious trying to get two more baby gifts crocheted and some more Christmas things crocheted. I've accepted the fact I'm not going to get all the Christmas things crocheted, but I can keep trying!

I'm trying to think about what else is new? I think that's it for now! Hope you had a great holiday week!

2 comments:

Holli said...

So glad you are doing well and that your due date time is fast approaching!! I bet you are all so excited :)

Alison said...

Sounds like it's all coming together even though you are busy! And your new little one will be a great Christmas present (my oldest was born on Dec. 11.)