As I close in on the end of this pregnancy, the usual annoyances are setting in. I have no lap. I've given up on shoes with laces. Potty breaks at 3:30AM or 4AM = no fun. I can't bend down to pick things up. Can't get close enough to the mirror to pluck my eyebrows. Thank goodness it's winter, I can't reach my toes to give myself a good pedicure. I'm sick of my maternity clothes.
I'm pregnant during the fall and winter, where last time I was pregnant in the spring and summer. At this point it's useless to buy new maternity clothes... what, and wear them for only a month tops?? But I needed a couple more long sleeve t-shirts for layering purposes. So what to do? Well, I was poking around on one of my favorite sites and found some that I was interested in. Non-maternity. So I ordered them. One navy, one hot pink. Think I'm nuts? I think I might be a little bit crazy brilliant! I ordered one size bigger than I needed... and got them in TALL! This means I can wear them post baby! And they are long enough and roomy enough to cover my belly now! BRILLIANT!
Okay. Enough gloating about how I'm avoiding maternity clothes. Must try to extract myself from the couch and concentrate on not waddling.
5 comments:
There's SUCH a psychological thing about wearing clothes that are NOT maternity clothes that just makes it all seem so much better.
you creative girl you!!!
Ha! Ha! Popping in from SITS!
I rarely wore maternity cloths. It was always sweatpants with elastic wastes and oversized shirts. I did breakdown eventually and buy a few things but, I couldn't stand it!
Glad you found something you liked that would work now and later!
Great idea. Sydney, I'm so impressed that you're still putting together great posts and writing with the same wit, talent and energy level, despite all the sleep deprivation and other things that tend to slow one down during the final weeks of pregnancy. You're amazing!
Always a fan of owning multiples of the clothing I love. Here's to your new layers;)
Great post, thanks for sharing. It made me smile! I wonder what it'll be like to be pregnant? I keep reading blogs where people are and though at times it seems frustrating, the joy of having a kid seems so great. Congratz again, and thanks for leaving the comment on my blog!
Post a Comment