Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fun Yet Productive Weekend

We got so much done this weekend and it feels great! Fun stuff and practical stuff.

*Friday night I went shopping for baby presents for a baby shower I was going to on Saturday. (Of course I also had buy something for my own baby-to-be, too!)

*Saturday morning Craig went to the bank, picked up the comforters from the drycleaners, and mowed the lawn. I trimmed the dead stuff off my day lilies, watered my flowers, went to the baby shower for my friend Therese (no pictures... took my camera, set my purse down, and didn't think twice about it).

*Saturday evening we went to the Back-to-School Backyard Bash at Alex's new school. We met some of the school families and kids, had some snacks, watched a movie outside. It was fun!

*Today was church, lunch, groceries, cleaning up, laundry, etc.

I even squeezed in a little time for reading and crocheted a little bit... I haven't crocheted in months so I had to remind myself what to do.

The week ahead is going to be crazy! Tomorrow I'm off to Chicago for a girl's day with one of my best friends. We have an open house for school, then the first day of school Thursday. Oh, plus a doctor's appointment, a work trip for Craig, an early morning at work for me. Whew! Glad we got so much done this weekend! I hope to post lots of pictures this week!

3 comments:

Holli said...

have a great week and a FUN day in Chicago!

Stephanie Faris said...

You're life is exhausting me! Hope you have fun in Chicago. My sister lives there. It's such a fun town!

Anonymous said...

Holy cats! That's a LOT of stuff crammed into a few days. You deserve a little girl time in the Windy City!