Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back To School Time

I'm charting new personal territory as a mom... back to school. This is the first time I have a child entering school. Real school. Not "school," as we have referred to daycare since we first started taking Alex there when he was 8 weeks old. (Calling daycare school made me less weepy and it minimized the mommy-guilt. Hey. Whatever works, right?)


Alex is getting ready to head off to K4 (4 year old kindergarten for those of you unfamiliar with it) in a couple of weeks. It's right around the corner. I'm proud of myself for getting everything on his school supply list already. Fortunately it was a short list. Still waiting to find the perfect backpack. I know what he needs, he knows what he wants, we just have to find it.


Today I made my first pass at school clothes shopping. Alex will be going to a Catholic grade school. K4 students don't have to wear uniforms, so we needed some fall stuff. I knew we had jeans taken care of between gifts from my mom and my mother-in-law. I knew I had some khaki pants that were hand-me-downs from a friend. I hit my favorite store because it was associate shopping weekend, and they had special early morning discounts, and I grabbed a few shirts, and a couple more pairs of pants. I think from the waist down, the kid is set! We still need a few shirts, but I'm going to wait until the weather cools down for that. The selection isn't too great because there's still a lot of short-sleeves out there. I know eventually they'll rotate to more fall-type shirts and pants. But we're in pretty good shape right now.


Now clothes for me for fall... ugh. I don't even want to think about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from SITS!
Happy Saturday!

Ellen said...

Yay for Alex! Grace loved 4K (and I did too--I miss it now that she's in a bigger school). I hope he has a fantastic year.

Unknown said...

Kindergarten...big step!

just dropping by from SITS; hope you find time to do the same.