Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School

I officially have a kid in school! Alex's first day of K4 was today! He did great, too. If he was nervous, we certainly didn't notice. (Other than some crabbiness first thing this morning-- and let me tell you he comes by that honestly. I'm as far from a morning person as you can get and I was a BEAR to get up when I was a kid). And you can tell from the big grin on his face that he was totally excited to be at school. We snapped off a few pictures before dropping him off.

A hug for Daddy

And one for Mommy too.

Showing off the backpack, which is almost as big as he is!

Big smiles for the first day!
I'm sure he's going to have a great year!

13 comments:

Holli said...

Oh my gosh he looks SOO cute!! I loved these pictures and you look beautiful!! Great pics of you and your family...

Amber M. said...

Man, is he CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He looks pretty eager to start--and that giant backpack makes him look even cuter.

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

how is it that they just keep growing up? I can't imagine sending my little one off to school. Such a big day - major milestone. :)

Alison said...

He's so adorable! Clearly he's going to have a great year.

Cindy said...

Such great pictures and such a cutie! Ah, bittersweet...the first day of school!
Have a great weekend!

leigh hewett said...

Happy Saturday Sharefest. The first day of school is such a great memory. Hop on over and read all about what happens in our family on the first day...

http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com/2009/08/ghosts-of-first-day-of-school-past.html

love your blog

xo
leigh

Stephanie Faris said...

He's SO cute. I love that backpack. It's almost as big as him!

thatgirlblogs said...

such hope and excitement in those eyes!

Flory said...

So adorable with his backpack! Stopping by from SITS.

MamaOtwins+1 said...

Your family is adorable! Congrats on the first day of school.

Stopping by from SITS

Sarah and Kieran said...

CUTE!!!!!

Ellen said...

Could he look any cuter. The first is my fave. He's going to have a great year, and I bet he's going to be a great big brother. Baby is going to adore him, you can be sure of that.