Sunday, November 23, 2008

Still Feeling Wicked

It's been two weeks since I went to see "Wicked" in Chicago, but I can't
seem to get this show out of my head. My friend Michelle burned us all CDs of the soundtrack before we went to Chicago and I have to admit I've listened to mine nearly every day since then. Alex even asks to listen to it in the car now.
It's such a great story about friendship... about how things and people appear one way but really are different when you look below the surface.
I also think I had such a great time in Chicago with a great group of friends that I don't want the feeling to end. Maybe if I listen to the soundtrack a little everyday, it will keep that exhilirating feeling of the show and of being in the city alive for me just a little bit. Cheesey, I know, but that's me!
I've actually encouraged one of my good friends who live far away to go see it. I wish we could see it together... because it really is the kind of show you should see with your girlfriends, but that won't happen anytime soon. I'm also trying to find a way to get to go see it again in Chicago with my mom before it closes in January. And I have vowed that if it comes to Milwaukee, I'm going to see it. The music and the story just struck a chord in me and I'm not going to let it go!

7 comments:

Sometimes Sophia said...

Have you read the book? It's quite a bit different, but captivating in its own way. Who knows, no doubt there will be a movie version soon...

Unknown said...

I feel the same way!!!

Ritch in Love said...

Our family is addicted to Wicked.I have it on my iPod and lift weights to the music all the time. I can't wait to see it again!

Ritch in Love said...

btw: i wasn't a fan of the book

Sydney said...

I was not a fan of the book either. It was interesting, but certainly not my cup of tea. I believe there is a movie version of "Wicked" in the works... and I will buy it whenever it comes out!

Unknown said...

Wicked is coming to DM next fall and I can't WAIT to go see it!!!

Melisa S. said...

Ah yes Wicked does give this feeling, doesn't it?