So a little over a week ago, I blogged that I had some big news... but it had nothing to do with expanding the family in any way. So I'm finally ready to spill.
I have a new job! It happened purely by chance and it happened so fast I was a little bit afraid that it was going to be too good to be true. I don't like to mention too many specific details, but I'll be working in public relations for a major department store chain. And I won't have to move in order to do this. If you're really smart, you'll be able to figure it out. I'll be working in store grand openings and charity. No travel, mostly PR and media relations over the phone.
I was contacted by a recruiter from this company through I website I'm on called LinkedIn. That led to phone interviews, an in person interview, and eventually a job offer. So I'll be starting this new position Dec. 1.
Now to my semi-frivolous decision... one of my nephews is selling magazines to raise money for his school. I want to start boning up on fashion, so that at some point maybe I can jump to the fashion department (Hello? Dream job!!). So do I subscribe to Vogue or Elle? Suggestions please!
15 comments:
Congratulations on your new job!! It sounds sooooo fun! As for the magazine, get both. Could you call it a business write off? Hee,hee,hee:-)
WAY TO GO on your new job! that's wonderful news.
And get Vogue. Just my two cents.
Congrats on your new job! I need to check out that website because I'm currently looking too. :)
I vote for Vogue, definitely!
Congrats on the new job!
Definitely Vogue, by the way!
"It happened purely by chance and it happened so fast I was a little bit afraid that it was going to be too good to be true."
That is just head-spinning exciting and I couldn't be more happier for you! I doubt there is anything I can do for you, but if I can just let me know. I would love to take that adorable little boy off your hands for a couple of weeks ;)
Vogue!!
Thank you so much for following my blog! My blog has been nominated for an award but I have only had 1 vote. I thought I would ask if you could help me raise cancer awareness by voting for my blog. If I win it could generate so many new readers and hopefully help others with their battle.
Here is the link to vote: http://www.divinecaroline.com/awards/1590-i-kicked-cancers-ass
Congratulations, that is terrific :D
Funny, I was just trying to figure out which magazines to buy from that same nephew! :)
Congratulations! Sounds so exciting!!! And VOGUE, for sure.
That is great! Congratulations.
SUPER COOL SYD! Hmm, fashion...I don't turn to the mags...I turn to Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, even Gap and J.Crew and Old Navy. But a great mag that shows tons of styles and prices and where to buy in "real life" is LUCKY mag. It's great!!
I am thrilled for you!! That's wonderful and exciting and all those kin of adjectives. LOL Have fun!!!
Congratulations! It sounds like a great job.
Wow, I am so unqualified to advise you on fashion magazines, ;)
But big congrats on getting headhunted. I've done some store openings in my time (as staff, not PR) and it can be a lot of fun.
If you want to link at LinkedIn you can find me under jd at jdwrite
Congratulations on the new job! And good luck with the fashion makeover... it's under my radar, so I can't help you there. ;)
Post a Comment