Saturday, December 5, 2009

Surprise Shower at Work

My co-workers surprised me with a shower at work on Friday. They all seem convinced I won't be back in the office next week. One of the manager's even said she would question my sanity if I came in to work next week, even though I'm not due until December 14th. I hate to tell her, but I plan on working until the baby comes... whether they've written me off or not!
Anyhow... it was a great day, filled with presents, a very well done diaper cake, bagels and muffins, lunch, and more presents.
They also got a couple of things for Alex... a moose and a big brother gift. Plus a giant box of diapers and box of wipes, plus a basket full of bottles, baby wash and lotion, washcloths, etc. Tucked inside the gift bag was some baby clothes and a gift certifcate to a spa for me. WOW!

It was such a sweet surprise! I'm really lucky to have another really great group of people to work with. I had a great group of friends at the TV station. I made a couple of really good friends when I worked for the non-profit org at my first PR job. And now another great group of co-workers. I better stay put for awhile... don't want this luck to run out!

So this weekend is going to be filled with final Christmas preparations. I'm sending the boys out to see Santa and get a Christmas tree. I'm done Christmas shopping. The house is clean. The babies room and 99% of the baby parphernalia is ready. I need to polish up my Christmas card list. I shipped a couple of baby gifts (will post pictures after I know the recipients have recieved them). Now all we need is the baby to let us know when it plans to come! We're waiting!

2 comments:

Holli said...

What a great shower Sydney! I love that they got your the spa gift certificate too... sometimes the mom gets overlooked in the midst of the baby's arrival and its so nice when people recognize that :)

Unknown said...

How fun! I can't believe the baby is almost here!