Monday, December 7, 2009

One week and counting!

I'm one week away from my official due date, December 14.
Seems like forever ago that we found out we were expecting.
The second time around has been a much different experience in a number of ways.

For one thing, I was in much better shape this time when I got pregnant. I don't think
I've gained as much weight this time around, and it's all belly, which is good.

I think another contributor to being healthier is that I'm in a much better job situation than last time. I was still in TV news when I was pregnant with Alex. It was very stressful most of the time... and it's a wonder to me that Alex was a week late, given the amount of stress I had those last few weeks. There were a number of occassions when I was certain that stress was going to
send me into labor, but it never happened.

I'm also not surrounded by unhealthy food choices. My current place of employment has two fabulous cafeterias with many healthy eating options. While I admit I don't always choose those healthy options (the pizza here is SO GOOD!) I have had my fair share of normal sized sandwiches (no footlong anything or greasy burgers for me), salads, soups, and other healthy entrees.

I feel bad that I haven't documented this pregnancy the way I did with Alex. I used a website to create baby web page with Alex that served as a kind of diary for friends and family to follow the pregnancy. It was fun, but now that I have a blog I didn't realyl need to do that this time around. I also don't feel like broadcasting every little detail of this pregnancy.

Craig razzed me about it a little bit, so I let him take some pictures of the growing belly. And we'll definitely post pictures once baby arrives.

As I mentioned yesterday, everything feels ready to go. The house is cleaned. Christmas shopping is mostly done. Now... we wait. And Alex was a week late... so I'm not expecting anything to happen immediately!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting excited!!! Can't wait to see that baby!

Alison said...

I'm glad that you've had a healthier, less stressful pregnancy. Don't worry, your new baby won't know that you didn't have a pregnancy website. ;-)

Holli said...

I'm getting so excited to see your new baby!!!