My friend Erin is moving to Florida this week. Orlando to be exact, so at least it will be an AWESOME place to visit. Erin and I both worked together at the TV station. She started a few months after me, and we bonded in between trying not to doze off and being slightly abused by a sleep deprived Executive Producer. (This lady was MUCH more pleasant when she worked day shifts, as we found out.) We instant messaged each other constantly. She was my sounding board on so many occassions. We went shopping together, we went out for dinner, we stuck together at the Christmas parties. She definitely made my 8 years at the station more enjoyable. From our shared love of "Hello Kitty!" stuff, puppies, pandas, cute animal kickers, and of course, candy, we had a lot in common. Even after I left the station, we emailed each other about every other day, if not every day. Now she and her husband are off to greener pastures in Orlando. I'm so happy for them, but sad that she'll be so far away. I know we'll still have email and phone calls. I went to her going away party last weekend and it was very hard to say farewell. We were both crying. I'm sure there will be at least one more tear-filled phone call before she leaves for good. So EDK, Deuce, Precious, LAME-O... I'm gonna miss you! You better email me all the time!
Favorite quotes:
"Just do it!"
"Don't you get it?"
"PANDAS? WHERE?"
"Puppies? Where?"
"I putting my uterus up for sale on Ebay."
"I'm not going to make it."
"What a mo-mo!"
"Is it precious?"
"They were ever so tiny!"
4 comments:
Oh... I'm sorry... that's so hard to loose a friend... I'm so glad you have her to loose though (if that makes sense)
Awww...she sounds like a really fun friend.
It's always really hard when people move on but, you are right...it is so much easier these days to keep in touch. And do I hear "Party in Orlando":-)
She sounds like a great friend! You are both lucky to have had each other.
Post a Comment