I love awards shows and it doesn't get much better than the Oscars. For the past few years though, I haven't seen hardly any of the nominated movies. We rarely get to the theater to see movies. If a movie is longer than 2 hours, we rarely watch them via the "OnDemand" function through out cable system. Excuses, excuses for a movie lover, I know.
But this year, I have actually seen three movies that have been nominated in some form:
"The Help" - the book was amazing and I loved the movie too.
"Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" - Frankly speaking, I didn't understand it. But the acting was really good and it was intriguing enough to have me still trying to figure it out. I even bought the book on my Kindle. Gary Oldman was really good... and he's nominated for best actor.
"The Muppets" - Muppet of a Man is an amazingly fun song and I really hope it wins. The boys were singing it at Christmas time.
I've set a goal for myself this weekend. I'm going to try to see at least three more of the nominated films.
This afternoon I watched "Midnight in Paris" which was so great. Loved it... and anyone who loves Paris will love the cinematography.
Still on the list "Moneyball" and "The Ides of March." Mmm... Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Ryan Gosling. I can think of worse ways to spend a few hours.
I can wait to watch the Oscars tomorrow night. What were your favorite movies of last year? Any favorites going into the Oscars?
1 comment:
I loved The Help, Moneyball, and The Ides of March!!
Post a Comment