
My grandma used to make these towel toppers when I was little. They are kitchen towels, cut in half, then crocheted at the top. You can hang them from the fridge, from a door knob or drawer pull. They are just so handy. Alas, Grandma Marie passed away while I was in college. I inherited her crochet basket, but didn't begin to crochet until a few years ago. And the kicker is... she didn't leave a pattern for these! I managed to figure it out by looking at some patterns and then by studying one that she made. I was so excited when I finally finished one and it looked great. This is a great project that you can complete in just an evening. I've made four of these in the past few days. I have been buying holiday towels when they go on clearance and stockpiling them. I bought these Valentine towels last year. These make a great random hostess gift.
1 comment:
I've always wondered how those are made. Your towels turned out beautifully! I love the way the current generations are reviving the handicrafts of our grandmothers!
Post a Comment