Friday, October 9, 2009

More Random Friday Thoughts

  • Alex has the book "Actual Size" by Steve Jenkins. Everytime I see this book, the song "Actual Size" by They Might Be Giants pops into my head and I can't get rid of it.
  • The baby has decided that my bladder makes both a nice cushion and a wonderful plaything. I've gone to the bathroom more in the past week than I have all month.
  • I wish I could finish a crochet project. I have three "in progress" projects: a blanket, a scarf, and a market bag. I think I'm more of a small project crocheter. I need something I can be done with in a day or two. Otherwise, I get overwhelmed and want to walk away.
  • Craig and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary next year. I have no idea how we will celebrate. I'm kind of hoping we take a trip someplace. Guess we should probably talk about it at some point before our 20th wedding anniversary, huh?
  • If I could get paid to read books all day, I'd quit my job in a heartbeat.
  • That being said, I still think my job is kinda cool. Not as cool at TV news was, but cool nonetheless. (I'm in PR for a Fortune 500 company now.)
  • It cracks me up that Alex can now distinguish between Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters, and requests these artists whenever we are in the car. Well, that and the "Wicked" soundtrack. He's recently started singing along with what he hears. I love it! (Not that there's anything wrong with music produced especially for kids, it's just that we've only subjected him to stuff that we enjoy. And none of the music we enjoy in his presence has lyrics that need to be edited, thank goodness.)
  • I feel kinda guilty that when I was pregnant with Alex I took belly pictures every month. With this one, I haven't yet taken one belly picture. We'll have to work on that. I'm 7 months now...

4 comments:

Liberty said...

Popping over from SITS! Congrats on your pregnancy. I did the same thing with pics with my 3rd and 4th pregnancies. :) Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy and have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

That book IS a great one--my sons enjoyed it as much as me. Hope the baby moves off your bladder soon.
We had grand plans for our 10th anniversary...but then we had kids and never ended up doing anything special. *Sigh*

Florrie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now I'm just returning the favor.

I could make a lllooonnnngggg list of things I feel guilty about that I didn't do with consecutive children. I remember my Mom telling me once that you shouldn't start something with one child that you don't plan on doing with all of them. Yeah right. In a perfect world. I'll be lucky if my fourth child has ANY pictures taken of him at all! Such is life. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I was the third kid...my mom didn't even do a baby book for me but my brothers both had them...


bladder cushion, lol.

PSThanks for stopping by on my special day!