Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lunch with a Friend

I had the chance to have lunch with a dear friend today. Zenna and I have been friends since kindergarten. We both had a rather unfriendly nun for a kindergarten teacher. One day Zenna had some fifth graders tease me that they were going to beat me up if I didn't be nice to her. We've be friends since then! We survived going to different junior highs, reuniting in high school, going to different colleges and living in different cities, though not too far away (she's in Chicago).



I was so excited when she called me this spring to tell me she was expecting her first baby! And we're due just 3 weeks apart! Life got busy as it tends to in the summer, and before I knew it, we were both closing in on finish lines of our pregnancies. So we decided to meet in Gurnee (about 1/2 way between) today for lunch. We had so much fun! It was great to see her... she look fantastic! Such a cute little pregnant lady. We got all caught up on babies-to-be and life in general. Did a little shopping for our little ones (and my big one!)



Alex also found a new pal... he wanted to follow Zenna everywhere! Hopefully we'll get to see each other again after our babies are born, and we can enjoy comparing stories as they grow up together! Just like their mommies!

(BTW, that church van in the background belongs to neither of us! This is what happens until you wait till you're in the parking lot ready to leave to take a pictures!)

7 comments:

Cindy said...

So glad you got to meet up with your friend and how awesome you two are having babies around the same time!! Glad you had fun and have a great week!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Awwwww, how great you were able to catch up. You're BOTH adorable preggers!

Ashley said...

You both look awesome! Love that sweater!

Sharon said...

that looks like FUN! I'm so grateful for girlfriends. What would we do wihtout them?

BTW, I'm hosting a new carnival on my blog called "Just for the Joy of it" - I would love to have you join in! this certainly qualifies!

Jamie said...

How fun! Came over by way of Sharon's blog. Love your blog.

Mozi Esme said...

Sounds like a good time! And it's neat that you have the babies in common...

Anonymous said...

Definitely a joyful time....old friends, babies on the way...very sweet!

I was born in Indiana too...lived there until I was 16. Went to Gurnee at least once every year since 1976 or so (until 89).