Thursday, June 25, 2009

Let the visits begin!

So we're gearing up for some great visits from family this summer. It starts off right now... with my brother Mike and his wife Jen visiting this weekend. Then next weekend Craig's parents will be here to ring in the 4th of July and help celebrate Alex's birthday. The week after that we head back to a family reunion for my late grandfather's side of the family. Later this summer I'm hoping to squeeze in visits with a few old friends from high school... well, actually I've known these babes since KINDERGARTEN! And maybe another trip back to Illinois later in the summer too, before it's time for Alex to start school in the fall. I promise to take lots of pictures and post them along the way!

What are you looking forward to this summer? Today was the first day it actually felt like summer. It was hot and sticky. I'm grateful I didn't have to spend the day in it, but it was great to get a little sweaty while working on my poor, heat stressed flowers tonight. We even had a nice surprise with the first strawberries of the season. I'm hoping to have enough to make some jam this year.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I'm looking forward to our BIG MIDWEST TOUR when we get out of the south and enjoy the decidedly milder temps of the north. It can't come soon enough!