We made a stop at the State Capitol Building in Madison on the way, just because I've never been there.
Nothing like a little government to spice up a Wednesday morning!We went to eat at an Irish pub across the street called Brocach's. It was yummy! There's one in Milwaukee too, but we don't get downtown here much.
We're definitely going to have to go back to both Madison and the Dells again! Madison to do more exploring and the Dells because it's a great family getaway. Maybe next time we'll go with our extended family!
7 comments:
Or we could do READ families!!! The kids would have so much fun together!
Looks like you had a fun time! I love Madison. So much to see & do there.
Great pictures!! Looks like you guys had a blast...aren't those mid week vacations fun?
OooOoo looks like a grand time.
I love indoor water parks.
What a great experience!!
I have never seen a indoor water park, but it looks like great fun for both adults and kids. As an added bonus, you don't need to worry bathing your kids in sunscreen. Hooray for that!
You midwesterns really do come up with some fabulous indoor activities.
-Francesca
I wanted to respond to your comment about the yarn pics on my blog - I'm doing that here on yours because the owner of the store I bought the yarn at has seen my blog before because she friended me on Ravelry!
I'd LOVE to support a local yarn shop as well. I'm not sure what I've been expecting when I walk into the couple that are in the area, but they haven't lived up to my expectations! It takes more than putting colored yarn on black shelves to make a store inviting.
The shop I bought this yarn from isn't too close to me and it's VERY expensive. I mentioned that I bought that yarn on deep discount - original price was $20 for 44 yards!!! (Most skiens are well over 100 yards - usually over 200 yards). I bought 3 braids of the alpaca yarn for $5 & change each. Had they not been on clearance, I would have left without buying anything. The store may be in a fairly well to do neighborhood, but at a starting average of $9 a skein/braid/bundle?! Variety is the key in my book and that goes for price as well as types of yarn.
I feel bad - she's a really nice girl, she has an auto immune arthritis like I do. But it's just not a place I'd go out of my way to go to again.
Post a Comment