Sunday, January 13, 2008

Buck up, Buttercup!

So one more week of flying solo. The Packers had to go and win their game on Saturday.

I was half paying attention to the game as we were getting ready for church. They were losing when we left. Alex was squirmy and fussy in church, so I was really happy when we could leave.

I flipped on the game in the car to listen for the score. As soon as I heard the announcer say Green Bay was up by 20, I burst into tears. Of course, that freaked Alex out. "What's a matter Mommy?" I heard from the back seat. I pulled it together enough to drive home. I realize that "crying mommy" is a little scary, so I didn't want him to see that.

We did okay last week, it was just hard not having Craig here for moral support. And with this big event a week from Monday, it's going to be an interesting and stressful week.

Thank God for friends! My friend Sara said she would help out and pick Alex up if I need to stay late at all next week. I don't know what I'd do without my friends.

I feel bad for Craig. If Dallas had won, he'd be spending the week in Texas. Instead, it's another week in Green Bay. It looks like the Packers will go all the way though. They face the Giants next, plus they have home field advantage. But I digress, this isn't a sports blog after all!

My mom will be coming up next weekend to give me a hand (once again, THANK GOD!!!). I have to be in to work next Monday by 4AM. And not knowing when Craig will get home, that could get a little weird. So wish me luck as I embark on solo week two. And pray that I maintain my sanity!

No comments: