Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wine and Diapers

Adam is already very popular with the ladies. Two of my "TV Gals" stopped by last night for a visit with me and the little one. Amy and Steph are two friends from my TV days. They came bearing gifts of wine and diapers - both of which will be put to good use! I miss my TV friends so much, so it was great to get caught up on their lives and all the gossip from the station. I'm enjoying getting caught up with so many of my friends during this time off. I'm making the same resolution I made last year... to do a better job of keeping in touch with people. As I've gotten older, I have developed a hatred of talking on the phone. But it's just as easy to pick up the phone as it is to shoot someone a long-winded email. So I'm going to try to reconnect with my oldest friends that way this year. I'm off to a pretty good start so far... I've talked to 4 really good friends who live far, far away by phone already this year. I've got about 3 others I need to call... and hopefully I can keep it up and call them all more often!

6 comments:

Lindsay Rudolph said...

Wine and diapers...I can appreciate that. Any friend brining wine is a good friend. :)
Talking to my friends more often is something I am working on as well. It's funny how when I was in high school, my mother would have to tell me to get off the phone. Now, I don't like to talk very much at all. Things do change.

Stoppin' by from SITS!

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh now THOSE are some good friends!
Perfect parental pairing. :)

(Great picture, too!)

MrsMonicaLB said...

the Wine part is what caught my eye so here I am dropping in from SITS! cute pic and reconnecting with friends by actually speaking to them instead of email or text is great,have fun!

Anonymous said...

That's a good resolution!
Babies are always a nice excuse for a visit.

Katie said...

Mmmm, wine - ick, diapers!

I'm guessing from your Big 10 comment in the sidebar that you went to U of I? I grew up in Iowa and am an ISU alum. ;)

...swingin' by from SITS!

Holli said...

How nice of them to come by and visit.... that sounds fun!