Monday, April 13, 2009

Yarn update

Last spring when I was just getting going with crocheting, Alex asked me to make him a blanket. We picked out the yarn together (he insisted on orange, I insisted on something to mix with the orange), I started it, then got bored with it. I discovered the joy of smaller projects. Then I got knitting looms for Christmas and I have been making stuff for people left and right. Alex asked when I was going to make him something. So I started to feel guilty. A few weekends ago while we were at Craig's parents house, I picked the blankie back up, and got more than half of it done. So I've been working on it a little each night, and I'm happy to report it's finally done!
It's a very basic pattern. All single crochected with a giant hook. The border is also single crochet... I did three rows around each edge.



I am happy to report that Alex loves his new blankie. He's been sleeping with it at night, and dragging it around the house. I don't think it will replace his real blankie, but it's at least a loveable alternative. I'm working on crocheting right now, taking a bit of a break from loom knitting, and hoping to re-learn needle knitting this summer. I either need to get a good book to learn from or I need to sign up for a class. Either way, I really want to get knitting down.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute blanket !!

I've got back into knitting. Just finihed a sweater and am well on the wy to knitting another one. I have a photo of them on my blog.

I find it relaxing, plus it keeps my hands busy and my mind off food :-)

a little leprechaun said...

Very cool! I can see why he loves it so!!

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

It's great! I love the colors. Funny, I can knit but I can't crochet. (It was the opposite when I was 8, lol).

Unknown said...

I love it!! The colors are gorgeous! Can I have one too?!?!?