- I never in my life imagined I would be in the minority as a mom who works full time outside the home.
This is NOT to start the whole mom's at home vs. mom's at work debate. All mom's work. And being a stay-at-home mom IS a full time job. I fully believe that and support that. I also know that some mom's who stay home ALSO work from home. A dear friend of mine teaches online and scores essays.
I'm just continually amazed at the number of mom's I encounter who are able to stay home with their kids. I wish I could. It's just not financially viable... and believe me, I've done the math! Just met a bunch of mom's from Alex's new school next year. They all stay home. They seemed shocked that I had two kids and worked full time. Not in a judgmental way. In a truly amazed "How do you do it?" way. I have the same amazement. "How do YOU do it?"
- I hate the word ROBUST.
It makes me feel violent. I honestly want to punch someone/something when I hear it used. I have a new manager who says it at least twice a day. I want to buy him a thesaurus.
- Much as I don't want to admit it... I'm turning into one of those "I don't have time to blog" bloggers lately.
I just can't keep up. Writing, reading, or commenting. I'm trying to read, catch up and leave a comment when I can. But if this is the best I can do, so be it. I'm not out for fame and fortune. I'm fully aware that I'm not going to be "discovered" as the fresh new voice in writing so someone can make crappy books out of my blog and even crappier blog-to-big screen movies. It's not gonna happen. The sooner most bloggers accept that the better. Write for yourself.
- Speaking of writing... I got an email from my old University this week talking about their Summer Writer's Workshops. -Sigh- Someday.
- I hate it when you realize that you' think you're better friends with someone than you actually are.
That's been happening to me a lot lately. It hurts. It makes me feel insecure and lonely. It just generally sucks.
- I am NOT doing a good job with running.
I want to run at least one or two 5Ks this year, but my training is seriously lacking. I mean, how can I get into good running condition when I barely average 1 run a week. I'm just so tired all the time. Getting up at oh-dark-hundred to put in three miles just doesn't seem attractive right now. Not to mention all the rain we've been having. I've got the goal of running Race for the Cure at the end of September. I'd like to find another one to run before then.
- Crocheting and reading are also luxuries I haven't had much time for.
- Alex has got to be one of the coolest kids I know.
He's sweet. Sensitive. Caring. Dotes on his baby brother. Isn't half bad at T-Ball. Is passionate about Legos and Star Wars. Is a decent singer. I'm glad we're pals.
- Adam's personality is starting to come out.
He has found his voice and isn't afraid to make a little noise. His expressions and the way he emphasizes his noises with his arms and fists just cracks me up!
- My brain is already on vacation in Charleston, S.C.
Hopefully it will send me a postcard with some good travel tips.
7 comments:
I hardly have time to write anymore either. It's really hard to keep up with these days. Hope you have a great vacation.
Breathe! Do you feel better now that you got some of that out? That's all that matters! Glad we caught up this week, and glad we will see each other in a few.
Fantastic post Sydney!!
I struggle with what you said here quite a bit..."- I hate it when you realize that you' think you're better friends with someone than you actually are.
That's been happening to me a lot lately. It hurts. It makes me feel insecure and lonely. It just generally sucks."
I know exactly how you feel.
Time...there's never enough, is there?
People...they can be such morons, can't they?
((Hugs)) on all counts, especially the friend thing! I know exactly what you mean and have been going through that a lot in recent years as time passes and we get older. It does hurt, a lot. I'm glad you got that all out and hope it's helped you to feel better! (People look at me like I've sprouted a Unicorn horn out of my head when they find out I'm married but don't work or have children for health reasons - I imagine the reaction you get being a working Mom is similar! lol)
Um... ditto to all of the above.
Especially the everyone's a SAHM thing. What's up with that??? How do people float this? And it's not like they're living in hovels trying to make it on one salary. I don't get it.
And the friend thing... sigh... I just want some more....
I'm in the minority too. On the way to work this morning I pondered on how my day would be if I didn't have to go to work. I don't know if I could do every single day at home.
Time is in demand.
I've decided that I'm actually going to put effort into exercise at home. So tonight I'm starting the couch to 5k program.
Post a Comment