I know it's been awhile since I've posted. Life has kind of gotten in the way. I've been kind of trying to evaluate what I want to do with the blog. Part of me loves having an outlet to talk about things, but another part of me wonders why I'm doing this. Call it an existential blog crisis. I'm just not sure I want be putting myself "out there" for anyone to read anymore. Hopefully I'll get it figured out.
Honestly it's been kind of nice to not worry about scheduling and writing posts. I've actually spent significantly less time online the last couple of weeks. The weather has turned nice. We've gone hunting flowers in the yard. Alex is fascinated by the daffodils and tulips that have popped up. He also is enjoying the greens of the Lilies of the Valley, Day Lillies, and other plants that have sprouted. So we've spent a lot of time enjoying warmer weather after a long winter.
I've been crocheting and reading too. Spending time on the phone with friends. We took a trip to Indiana to see my middle nephew make his First Communion. We also got to see two of the three boys play baseball. It was great because Alex adores his cousins. Took a side trip to Notre Dame on the way home to see the campus in bloom. I hadn't been there since grade school and it was just as beautiful as I remember. Growing up Catholic, Notre Dame was kind of the dream college... and for most it remains a dream! But it's cool to just go and walk around the campus. The Basilica on campus is gorgeous, and we stopped at the grotto behind the church to light a candle and say a prayer. The grotto is very similar to Lourdes in France. It was so peaceful back there.
We're hoping to get Alex's school registration wrapped up soon. He'll be going to K4 next year and is SOOOO excited.
Work has also kept me busy... but only during the day. So far they have not given me a laptop, so I really can't do work from home in the evening. I am NOT complaining at all. It's just a really busy time of year.
So that catches me up for now. I'll try to get back into the swing of things, but that's my therapy session for the evening.
4 comments:
I hope you still post and keep the blog but I understand if its something that's getting in the way of life for you. I enjoy reading about your life!
I think if you feel pressured to blog it's good to step back and take a break for awhile. That's part of the reason my first 2 blogs didn't last. Now I post when I feel like it and if I don't, I don't worry about it. Post when you want and don't when you don't. We'll be here either way! (I've been feeling overly connected online as of late too and have pared back down to my basics and have started reading in the am when I wake for a 1/2 hour and and pm before bed again).
I've been in a funk lately, too. It is just getting hard to fit in the time required. But I will persevere and get back into the groove... soon I hope. I hope you do, too!
Sometimes you just don't feel like blogging, and that's fine. Enjoy the spring weather!
Post a Comment